One of the first steps in defining your business is to figure out your core values. Once you do this, every day, focus on the values that define you and your business. Learn from those values. Live those values. Share your values with others.
How to Set Your Core Values
- Make a list of everything that describes you. Everything. Don’t hold anything back. (Stuck? Ask a friend to help compile the list.)
- Group together the words that are similar. example: positive, upbeat, confident
- Review each group and pick out 1-2 words that you most relate with. Make that the heading of that group.
- Congratulations! You now have your core values.
Go One Step Further
- Have a little fun and play around with the headings of your groups.
- Toss them around to come up with an acronym that suits you.
- Interchange descriptions if you need to nail down your acronym.
- Expound on each heading by adding 1-2 sentences to further define who you are.
I am going PLACES!
We are going PLACES!
P – POSITIVE attitude and actions help motivate people to follow their dreams.
L – LOYALTY to people around me. Striving to protect and support others.
A – ADVENTURE – Be fearless. What we can do with the unknown can be the birthplace of success.
C – CREATIVITY- Turning new and imaginative ideas into reality.
E – EMPOWERING and encouraging others (women) to never give up. Setting plans for growth and achieving goals.
S – SPIRITUAL and family oriented. ‘I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.’ Philippians 4:13
Til next time,